Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Worth the wait.

Ashwin and I had been to a potluck today. It was a girls only potluck ( kids excluded ).Before I went over with Ashwin there were some girls chatting.Ashwin felt very shy.I had never seen him give that expression.His cheeks all bluffed and rosy.He didn't wanna say Hi.He was standing behind me..walking with me and didn't just let me go.I was waiting for some kids to show up...so,I could join the girls on their chit-chat.Finally his friends came in and I wanted Ashwin to have his own time...so,I could have mine too ( sounds a lil selfish haan...?! ).But,there was only one Thomas train and here comes a sharing problem.I asked Ashwin to share the toy and take something else to play with.By the time this issue got done...it was lunch time for Ashwin.Then I had to feed him.And, finally when I came over to join the girls..they had started having lunch already.I was feeling a lil hungry too..Once we were all done with lunch,I chose a cozy spot for me and was about to settle down..when Ashwin came over running and said he wanted to use the restroom.Then I took him and when he was done..he showed signs of sleeping.I put him in bed...and he didn't take long to sleep.Finally,I got my time to join the girls...and Guess what they said : ' Ooh...Ashwin is so nice..He doesn't trouble you at all..he ate fast,he plays by himself,he slept fast..' and all I could do was just 'SMILE'...Afterall,my wait is worth all the rewards!!!

No comments: