Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year Resolution

Ashwin and I Wish you all a very Happy New Year.I have been reading this book 'What it takes to be #1' by Vince Lombardi,Jr.(This is about a succesful coach in the NFL,Vince Lombardi..who won 5 championship games,including the first 2 Super Bowls).This book is about Leadership..the foundations reqd to be a good leader and to stay as a good leader.While explaining the foundations of leadership,the author says that 'if you are a parent, you are certainly a leader'...which is quite a truth.Many a times I've heard my friends say,their kids copy them...even before they understand if it's the right thing to do.I have had similar reactions from Ashwin too.He'ld get a book to read,if I had one..laugh,if i laughed..frown,if I did..jump to basket the ball..like his dad and repent too...not being able to understand if it's right or wrong.This explains why we are leaders....but,I asked to myself..Am I a good leader? and Can I stay as a good leader?
The answer is I'm not.I sometimes do things that I might not want Ashwin to learn..but,before I even repent my fault I had seen Ashwin copy me.I know I didn't do it intentionally...but should'nt I've been careful enough,not to have done that in the first place?Sometimes it's better to not do certain things..that to regret later,while trying to be a good leader.No doubt that I'm a good parent...but,pursuing to be a good leader requires much more than that.I can't afford to make any mistake..'cos the price I am gonna pay would be Ashwin's behavior.Thus,my husband and I have taken a resolution to avoid any cause that my have a negetive effect on Ashwin.We are pursuing to being good leaders..and to stay as one.Hope this New year will help us to be firm and compassionate towards our resolution.

No comments: