Monday, January 28, 2008

My Mistake...NO!

Ashwin's now able to differentiate right from wrong.But, the worse part is...he's started blaming others for his mistakes...just so to escape his punishment.He got a 'Little People' toy set as a gift for his B'day.He calls them 'Anna' and 'Akka'...meaning 'brother' and 'sister'.It all started with pretend play.He takes them along everywhere.When he gets a bath...he gives them a bath,feeds them,cuddles them,puts them to sleep,advises them..as I advise him..
              
One day I watched him spill water on the carpet..and before I came over to scold him..he kept a 'Little people' toy near..and was advising it.'No...dheetha dhoppu no...'.( 'dheetha' meaning water ). Then when I told I saw him spill water on the carpet..he gave a serious expression on his face...and said..'Amma...No...Akka...dheetha dhoppu', and looked at the toy and said..'Akka dheetha dhoppu...NO' and he asked me for a paper towel..then gave it to the toy,got it back and cleaned it(pretending that the toy is cleaning it up...paying for its fault!!!). Then the toy also had to get a time out for his fault!

No comments: