Thursday, November 22, 2007

Ashwin's 2nd Star BdaY


We celebrated Ashwin's 2nd star bday yesterday(Nov 21).We had to take care of some business in the morning....so we celebrated his bday in the eve.It was just his dad,I and Ashwin.We had a very good family time.Got a small cake for him and he cut it by himself.This is actually the first time ever he had cake with a liking.I had tried giving him cakes before...but unless forced he wouldnt eat it.He's more inclined to spicy stuff.His Dad and I would prefer anytihing spicy to sweet..so, no wonder Ashwin's like that!! I wanted him to have his Bday cke atleast...and to our surprise he reaalllly liked it.We had plans of going to the temple,but dropped it due to chances of snow.I did miss India for that reason.On any auspicious day,the first thing we would do is go to the temple...as the climate favors us most of the time.But in the U.S its diffilcut for that matter.Anyway...we still did some prayers in the mornin and I made Kesari for prasadham.Ashwin as usual didn't have a bit of that.I was a lil upset as elders (in India esp) usually suggest that we have to have something sweet on these occasions.We also had to hurry up out...and I didnt wanna  force him and make him upset.Inspite, I'm glad that he enjoyed his Bday cake!!

No comments: